The Boardwalk enhances Kitchener-Waterloo’s standard of living by serving as a premiere centre of social activity as the host of shopping, dining, entertainment, and gathering alternatives in a truly unique, vibrant setting.
A BOARDWALK evokes a nostalgic feeling with timeless appeal for people of all ages…a destination considered an ideal place to stroll and create memories. It identifies a community meeting place and a place of personal enjoyment and discovery.
“The overall vision is to create a high quality and contemporary mixed use commercial development that considers sustainability principles, provides an exciting, safe, pedestrian friendly and transit supportive urban experience.”
- MHBC, July 2008
- Shop: groceries, fashion and furnishings.
- Dine: appealing restaurant options.
- Entertainment: state of the art movie theatre, impressive fitness centre,innovative central plaza area.
- Offices: medical, banks, and tech companies.
What's on Site
Situated on 100 acres, The Boardwalk stretches one kilometre from end to end, bisecting the city border between Kitchener and Waterloo in Ontario. Astounding regional growth, coupled with an influx of emerging businesses and growth of tech companies, places The Boardwalk in an ideal market to flourish. Its prime location on the west side is in close proximity to the city’s higher educational institutions at the end of University Avenue and is easily accessed from the regional 7-8 Expressway at the Trussler Road/Ira Needles Blvd. exit.
- Completely accessible from some of the Region’s newest roundabouts on Ira Needles Blvd.
- Four prominent Pylon Signs to welcome you.
- Three single-lane roundabouts through The Boardwalk to keep traffic moving.
- Ample Parking spots (double-line guides + wide aisles = manoeuvrability and parking lot efficiency).
- Safe and enjoyable boardwalk pathways to promote pedestrian movement.
- LED lighting at The Boardwalk: the energy efficient and environmentally friendly option.
- Inviting surroundings featuring abundant plantings and many tree varieties.